This is my go to recipe when I want to make a deliciously nourishing meal in under 30 minutes.
1. Rinse well and soak rice for about 15 minutes. Drain.
2. Put drained rice, water, salt, turmeric and oil into a medium pot with lid. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Set timer for 17 minutes, allowing rice to cook undisturbed. Remove lid and fluff rice with a fork.
Masala Chickpeas & Peppers
1. Heat oil in large saucepan on medium high. Add cumin. Roast the cumin for about 1 minute until it becomes a bit toasted and releases its fragrance.
2. Add chopped onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes before adding the chickpeas, peppers, spices, and coconut milk. Cook for about 6-8 minutes, depending on how you like your peppers.
3. Throw in cashews and a handful of chopped cilantro. Turn off heat.
4. Serve by arranging the turmeric rice, masala veggies, plain yogurt and shredded radish into a bowl, with a wedge of fresh lemon or lime.