Vegan Cauliflower Corn Chowder2015-09-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
VIDEO RECIPE I simply love this vegan version of potato corn chowder. It uses coconut milk in place of cream and has a slightly smokey flavour with the addition of smoked paprika. It makes for a very satisfying and pleasing meal on a cold Fall/Winter day.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 Tbs olive oil
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- Small piece of minced ginger
- 3 cups unsweetened organic coconut milk beverage (or soy milk)
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 cups corn kernels
- About 3 cups cubed Yukon gold potatoes
- About 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 Tb finely chopped jalapeño or chili pepper (optional)
- Dried or fresh herbs of your choice
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Cook onion, garlic and ginger with the olive oil in a large pot for a few minutes until translucent. Add corn, potato, coconut milk and water or broth. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
Put half of the soup into a blender and mix briefly, pour back into the pot. Add cauliflower, chopped pepper, herbs, salt, paprika and black pepper. Continue to cook for another 20-25 minutes until the chowder reaches the desired consistency. Enjoy!!